Healthways Diabetes Support Solution™
The Healthways Diabetes Support Solution™ supports glycemic management across the continuum of care and produces proven, cost-effective outcomes. Our solution combines evidence-based medicine with best practice interventions. We deliver fully integrated inpatient and outpatient diabetes care plans for patients to achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being.
Quality Inpatient and Outpatient Diabetes Care
Since 1983, Healthways has collaborated with hospitals, health systems, and physicians in the delivery of excellent care to patients with diabetes. Our comprehensive and scalable solution focuses on four pillars to be successful:
- Improve clinical outcomes through glycemic control; meeting standards of care and supporting clinical gaps in care programs
- Improving satisfaction to positively impact patient, nurse and provider outcomes; to share program results and enhance overall quality of care
- Obtain quality recognition by supporting the achievement of The Joint Commission’s Certificate of Distinction for Inpatient Diabetes Care as well as accreditation from the American Diabetes Association (ADA) / American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) for outpatient education
- Increase revenue and cost savings through length of stay reduction efforts, growing outpatient revenue and readmission reduction in strategic populations
Managed Costs and New Payment Models
Today, $1 in $5 health care dollars is spent caring for people with diabetes. The largest components of diabetes medical expenditures are hospital inpatient care at 43% of the total medical cost.
As integrated health systems assume greater shared financial risk in newer payment models, achieving glycemic targets and the management of comorbidities will become more important than ever for preventing costly diabetes-related complications and reimbursement for medical care associated with diabetes.
By leveraging the knowledge and experience of Healthways, our hospital and health system partners can manage their inpatient costs, mitigate risk associated with diabetes-related complications and expand their outpatient services to include programs designed for individuals with Type 1, Type 2, gestational and pre-diabetes.
Delivering Value and Enhancing Services
We work with our clients to assess their current needs and implement a compendium of tools and resources that drive toward clinical, quality and financial outcomes. Here are just a few of our value enhancing services:
- Infrastructure development, strategic alignment and operations oversight
- Data analysis and quality improvement measurement tools
- Evidenced-based protocols, policies and guidelines
- IV insulin dosing FDA-Approved system and ongoing clinical support
- Professional and patient education resources
- Outpatient ADA/AADE compliant curriculum and reporting
Whether you have an existing diabetes service line at your hospital, or you are interested in starting a new program from the ground up, the Healthways Diabetes Support Solution™ will help you achieve optimal diabetes-related outcomes.
To learn more, download the fact sheet or contact us:
To read about the real-world impact of the Healthways Diabetes Support Solution™, click here.