What is the BluePartners asthma program?
The BluePartners asthma program is our exclusive approach to caring for people with asthma. Respiratory-trained nurses and registered dietitians provide individualized support and educational materials to you and your doctor. If you are eligible for this program, you and any dependent family members with asthma can participate at no additional cost to you as part of your health plan's services. You will receive valuable support to help you:
- Manage your asthma
- Make your daily care easier
- Enjoy a healthier quality of life
Created in consultation with nationally recognized respiratory resources
When we developed the BluePartners asthma program, we went to experts for up-to-date, medically sound, effective and efficient treatments:
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Asthma Education and Prevention Program (NAEPP)
- American Academy of Asthma, Allergy, and Immunology
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
We also rely on the best medical judgment of each member's primary care physician. The BluePartners asthma program follows the individual treatment plan created by the doctor who knows you best: your personal doctor.
Goals of our asthma program
- To help you better manage your asthma, reduce related health problems and improve your quality of life
- To achieve consistent, quality care by using nationally recognized clinical guidelines
- To provide your doctor with confidential reports and opportunities to support your care and treatment plan
Educational and Self-Care Tools
What do we do for BluePartners asthma program members? We provide you with extensive educational and self-care tools at no additional cost.
We carefully select all program materials and deliver them directly to you in addition to providing samples to your doctor. You will receive this valuable support:
- Asthma Outlook: Our free quarterly newsletter for people with asthma
- Asthma Workbooks: You will receive this workbook in the mail or you can access the information at a secure web-site (members only)*. You can print this booklet and review items with your doctor during your next appointment. Workbooks are filled with information for all age groups.
- Child Workbook
- Teen Workbook
- Adult Workbook
A key to success in managing your asthma is education and awareness. As you learn proper care for asthma and become aware of your progress, you gain control over your health and your quality of life. Since one of the primary goals of the BluePartners asthma program is to keep your care simple, we've created easy-to-use forms and reminders to help you keep up with necessary tests and exams and track your progress toward the goals you set with the BluePartners program team.
- Self-Care Goals Plan: A plan developed by you with help from the BluePartners program team to set personal goals for your progress.
Self-Care Reminder Letters: Regular reminders of important screenings, immunizations and tests. We encourage members to take advantage of preventive care services.
- Guidelines for Care Reminder Letter: Mailed to you three times a year to remind you to obtain important tests and/or exams.
- Flu and Pneumonia Vaccine Reminder Letter: Mailed to you once a year when it's time to get your flu and/or pneumonia vaccine.
- Educational Resources List and Educational Topics Sheets: Other educational resources, services and health information on a variety of issues relating to improved self-care and management of asthma are available to you through the BluePartners asthma program team.
- Telephone Support: Convenient, toll-free access and support from a team of clinicians led by registered nurses specializing in asthma care. When you learn proper care for a complex condition like asthma, you gain an important sense of control over your health and quality of life. You'll see how even simple lifestyle changes can reduce the risk of health complications.
* BluePartners asthma program members: If you prefer to receive materials by e-mail, you can access these materials and other tools electronically at www.iembracehealth.com. Materials are sent electronically to a secure, password-protected site where you can access them at your convenience. E-mail reminders may be sent to you when you have new information posted to the site.
How we work with your doctor
Communication is key in all aspects of the BluePartners asthma program. We provide your doctor with a description of the materials we send to you.
Your doctor will also receive useful information and updates developed especially for health-care providers. The BluePartners asthma program supports and assists your doctor; your doctor provides the treatment plan and sets the direction of your asthma care.
Do you want to know more about the BluePartners asthma program? See our Frequently Asked Questions online.
To find out if the BluePartners asthma program is available to you or your dependent family members, call the toll-free Member Services number on your member ID card.
Website: You have access to the www.bluehealthadvantagene.com website which is provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska. This website is available to you whether or not you decide to participate in the BluePartners program. The website contains health information and tools to assist you and your family to get healthy and stay healthy.